Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sun, Music and Magoos

     So it's been a few days since I posted anything.  There is so much I wanted to share right now but I think I will keep it focused for right now.  Be thankful, because I feel a rant coming on. but I will stifle the urge right now.

     So while Kieko was in Alaska visiting Denali with a good friend of hers I got to do some things that I had not done in a while.  I know, I'm so bad.  Oh well, it was worth it.  Anyway, the main things I wanted to talk about is the weekend.  The weekend here was absolutely gorgeous.  It was sunny and around 80 degrees in the Greater Seattle-Tacoma area.  On those days I love going to the mountains because it's a little cooler.  Again, it was a beautiful sunny day to my destination on Saturday was Mount Rainier.  I know it's cliche here, but c'mon, it's Mount Rainier! 

     So, after getting something to eat I got in the Jetta and drove to Mount Rainier National Park.  The goal was to go to Sunrise but it was too crowded. A three hour wait to get into there.  Yeah, right.  That was not going to happen.  So I went up to Chinook Pass to Tipsoo Lake loop trail.  That was crowded as well, but since it is outside of the Park boundaries I was able to find a parking spot and put the Annual Pass which is also good for USFS land.

     The hike was great.  The skies were clear and the wildflowers were blooming, and of course the mountain herself.







     So yeah, as you can see it was a great day.  But wait there's more.

     In the evening I went to the best pub in North Tacoma, nay, Tacoma.  Magoos was having some music that evening so I went in with anticipation.  I met my very good friend and proprietor Carl Chalker and his lovely wife, Darlene, who is in fact the loveliest of all Tacomans. 

     So the band that I enjoyed was Ten Miles of Bad Road.  What a great band name.  As Carl described them, and I have to agree, swampadelic.  They were so much fun.  Thanks guys.

     So if you haven't been there, what's stopping you.  If you have been there but haven't been in a while then, well, what's stopping you.  Go back and enjoy the 17 taps, the cool jukebox and if you're lucky the Loveliest Tacoman of them all.

1 comment:

  1. Aww...sweet. Always good to see you. Great pictures. I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete