Thursday, September 22, 2011

Circa


     Tonight Kieko and I went to my favorite restaurant in West Seattle; Circa.  Circa is a very small rustic type of eatery that serves some of the best comfort food around the sound.  It is located at the intersection of Admiral Way and California Ave. tucked between a dry cleaners and pet shop. 

     Like I said earlier, it has amazing comfort food fare.  Kieko had the grilled steak salad with chevre and balsamic vinaigrette.  The steak is skirt steak cooked to order which Kieko ordered medium rare.  That is a meal all by itself.  I was happy to help her eat it.

     I had the ultimate in comfort food, meatloaf.  That's right, meatloaf.  Not just any meatloaf, but meatloaf wrapped in bacon.  Orgazmic moans may now comence.  This was served on top of mashed potatoes with green beans and red bell pepper, and covered in a rich brown gravy.  Man I.m getting hungry all over.


      Against our better judgement, we decided to order dessert.  Why?  Because we could.  You gotta problem with that?  I didn't think so and we didn't either.  We decided on the coconut cream pie.  It seemed like the lesser of evils.  The others were Creme Brulee, and a Double Layer Cake.

     I absolutely love this place and I think you should go there as well.

     I wanted to mention a very important event happening tomorrow night at Magoos Annex in Tacoma.  It is the Tacos for Ta-Ta's night.  Tacos and cupcakes will be sold with all the proceeds from those sales going to the Susan G Koman Foundation for the Cure. 

     This should be a great event for an important cause.  Yours truely will be in attendance as these are two of my favorite things!  ; P  http://www.facebook.com/events/#!/event.php?eid=207372002659141


2 comments:

  1. Tacos and ta ta's or tacos and cupcakes? Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ta tas - counts as two, usually:) I think we know what Steve likes.

    ReplyDelete