Thursday, September 15, 2011

Catching up.

      Ok, so it's time to catch up on the old blog here.  Bad blogger, Bad blogger.  Anyway, not a lot has happened but some things that I would like to share. 

 On Sunday I went up to Chinook Pass, again. This time Kieko came along so she could see the wild flowers. Wow, what a difference a week makes. There were about twice as many flowers as there were last week and therefore the fragrance twice as, well, fragrant.





   
     See what I mean!  It's the most beautiful place on the planet in late summer.  You know, because I've been to every place on the planet, right!  Anyway, it is one of my favorite places just because the views are amazing. 

     So when you come we will probably be going up there, if for no other reason than the wildflowers.  That's reason enough actually.

Food:

     Ok, so it would have been helpful if someone would have let me know that okra takes a while to cook.  I made some Cajun pasta with okra and clams on Tuesday.  I basically sauteed everything:  onions, garlic, zucchini, okra, spicy oregano, cilantro, tomatoes.  It turned out pretty good, but again, I didn't cook the okra long enough.  I should have put the okra in the pan first and really let it cook.  Oh well, I'll know next time.  By the way, I got all of the ingredients from the 6th Ave. Farmers Market in Tacoma.  Even the clams.



     We had a fun experience for dessert tonight.  After eating at a Ramen House in Federal Way called "I Love Ramen", which was ok but not great, we Sub Zero.  This place is kind of fun.  It's kind of a mix of Coldstone, Studio 54, and your Jr. High science class.  You pick a base, either premium (ice cream), custard, or yogurt, and then a flavor.  There is a whole list of flavors.  You then pick some "mix ins", of which there is an equally extensive list.  We chose premium, huckleberry, and berry mix in.  They put it in a metal bowl, where it is still a liquid.  They then blast it with some liquid nitrogen.  That's right I said liquid nitrogen. I wonder if you need a special license for that.  Anyway, the end product is delicious.



     Well, that's it for now.  This weekend is going to be all about food.  We have a couple of foodie events this weekend so I will be reporting on those.  Hopefully I can get some better pics.  A better camera would probably help.  Hint, hint.

1 comment:

  1. My nephew has this Sony 'bloggie'? camera... it is really cool little camera- for bloggers!

    ReplyDelete