Monday, August 29, 2011

My famous fish tacos

     Well, no where tonight, just a nice home cooked meal before Kieko leaves for her trip to Alaska.  That's right, the tundra, the frozen northern most icon.  She will be gone for five day; what will I do.  I'm so lost.  Anyway, I made her favorite fish tacos but with peach salsa this time.  That's right, peach salsa.  I've made the salsa with mangos but I figure since peaches are seasonal and somewhat local (we have peach orchards  in Eastern Washington.).  Can you think of anything better?  I didn't think so.  Fish tacos are in fact one of the ten best things in the entire world.

     I like to use a white fish such as cod, talpia or rockfish because of the way it flakes when you cook it.  I marinate the fish in olive oil, onion, jalapeno, and oregano.  I also season it with salt and peper.  Let that set for at least an hour, preferrably more.

     For the salsa, peel and chop the peach along with tomato, red onion, and jalapeno ( or your favorite peppers).  Use a little olive oil, and white wine vinegar, very little, as the olive oil tends to  dull the flavor too much.  Chop some cilantro and a squeeze of lime and let set for whenever.

     Then just fry up the fish and make sure it flakes.  Heat up some tortillas and enjoy.

   
    Oh and make some guacamole as well.  Muy bueno!

1 comment:

  1. Hey...Blogging 101! You have to link it to FB every time you update your blog. You'll get more readers. Also, you should leave comments on other blogs out there. That'll get more people visiting your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete