Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tacos, Baseball, Blues, ect...

     So I guess I will start with Thursday.  THE MARINERS WON!!!!!   It has been a pretty rare event these days, and I suspect it will continue that way until well into next season.  I don't know why they don't seem to want to win.  Ichiro is even in danger of not getting 200 hits this season.  He has gotten 200 hits in every single season he has been in the Majors. 



     Did I mention I love going to Safeco Field?  I did didn't I.  Well, there was no dog this time.  There was however an amazing taco truck outside of Century Link Field (formerly Qwest Field.)  I had three tacos; fish, carne asada, and chorizo.  Man were they good.  Kieko had the chicken mole plate which was almost as good as La Carta de Oaxaca in Ballard.  Almost that is.  The tacos are of course served with a lime and salsa.


     Friday was stay at home dinner time as Kieko had to work late so I made dinner for as I do from time to time.  Since it has been warm lately I wanted to make something that wouldn't require using the stove or oven.  I had decided on a gazpacho that also includes peaches.  Yes, that's right peaches.  It really is a good mix.  It has the perfect balance of savory and sweet.  Add some basil, red onion, olive oil, white wine vinegar and salt and pepper and put it in the blender.  Put some ice in the blender as well to get an instant chill and you are pretty much ready to eat.  So it was almost an entirely cold meal until Kieko requested some grilled sausages.  How can you refuse that; I mean sausages for crying out loud.  I love it.

     Today was the Poverty Bay Brew and Blues Festival here in Des Moines, WA.  The best thing about this event is that it was pretty much right next door at Des Moines Beach Park.  There was plenty of sun and music and libations.  There were also brats and tri tip sandwiches that were also very good.  The music was hopping and the brewers were doing everything they could to keep everyone cool.  Thanks to all that made it such a great day.

     We are thinking of going hiking tomorrow, but I don't think it will be in the Olympics as there is a raging forest fire there at the moment.  It does make for a great sunset though.

No comments:

Post a Comment