Sunday, October 23, 2011

LAMB JAM!!!!!!!

     I have been looking forward to this event for a while now, so when the day came I was ready.  However, first things first. 

     Today ended up being a pretty decent day for Western Washington in late October.  The temp was around 56 degrees and mostly sunny.  We decided to go for a walk in Ed Munro Seahurst Park.  It's right on the water with some fall colors happening.


     Ok, the second one is from our parking lot, but still you got to love the fall colors.  Speaking of which.  Another reason I love Autumn is for the Fall fashions and colors.  I actually make it look good. 



     Yes, I know, I'm letting my vanity get the best of me.  But still, am I wrong? 

     After our walk, we went to downtown Seattle to attend the incomparable Lamb Jam.  We went to this last year and it was great.  It's many different restaurants competing with lamb.  It's truly the American spirit and ingenuity.  Plus it's lamb so it's very good. 

     There are so many different ways to prepare it and using different parts of the lamb, such as the leg, shoulder, loin and shank.  It was so much fun seeing all of the different, creative ideas that all of the chefs displayed.  My favorite presentation was the one by the Bell Harbor Conference Center.  It was like a lamb cone if you will.  It was lamb stuffed into a waffle cone then topped with fig tart and a whipped parsnip crown.



     How much fun is that!  It was also really good.  It was really hard to pick just won favorite, but that was the task we were given.  I eventually chose the Sumac masala lamb shoulder with cauliflower puree, royal pine mushroom and honey crisp apple.  Talk about flavors.


     Another one of my favorites was the lamb sausage.

     Here are some of the other highlights of the Lamb Jam.







     We were so stuffed when we were done we could barely walk to the car.  When we did finally make it to the car we came home.  I just had to relax at this point. 

     Here is tonight's evening sky for good measure.

     Yes, this is from our deck!

1 comment: