Sunday, November 6, 2011

Vashon Island

     I love when we have nice Autumn days because heaven knows we don't have them very often.  So when we do have them we have to get out and take advantage of the sun.   Today's adventure was only about 2.5 miles away, but it took about twenty miles to get there. We went to Point Robinson on Maury Island. Maury Island is in fact a peninsula on Vashon Island. 

     So let's start our trip. 

     We started the day with breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day.  Today's breakfast was provided by the capable hands of Circa in West Seattle.  I have written about them before and let me tell you, their breakfast is just as good as their dinners.  We ordered the "Slacker".  I know what you're thinking and you can just stop right now.  Anyway, it was a scramble with enchilada sauce and cheese and tortilla chips.  Of course a good heaping pile of hash browns accompany this so you do get full.  All of this then washed down with Stumptown Coffee.  Is it breakfast time again?

     After we drove to the Fauntleroy Ferry Terminal and waited for about 45 minutes.  We took the boat over to Vashon Island and headed to Point Robinson.  Can I say I am just a little envious of the Island dwellers.  It was such a beautiful drive through out all of the island.  Then I saw the $4.47/gallon of gas.  I guess I'm OK where I'm at.  Anyway, we got to Point Robinson and walked down to the shore where we could see our house.

     Take my word for it, our place is over there.


     What a great day to walk along the beach today.  The sun was shining, there was a light house and you could see Mount Rainier! 


     Driving on the Island is so relaxing and enjoyable, I want to go over there again soon. Between the Autumn colors, water and mountain views and visiting a local winery like Palouse Winery, it's a wonder why more people don't visit Vashon Island.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment